Exploding Kittens is a highly strategic kitty-powered version of Russian Roulette. Players take turns drawing cards until someone draws an exploding kitten and loses the game. The deck is made up of cards that let you avoid exploding by peeking at cards before you draw, forcing your opponent to draw multiple cards, or shuffling the deck.
The game gets more and more intense with each card you draw because fewer cards left in the deck means a greater chance of drawing the kitten and exploding in a fiery ball of feline hyperbole.
Game Genre: Party / Family-fun Game
No. of players: 2 to 5 players
Suitable for Ages 7 and above
Game Duration: 15 mins
Family/Kids Friendly: Yes
4 Exploding Kittens
6 Defuse Cards
4 (2x) Attack Cards
4 Favor Cards
5 Nope Cards
4 Shuffle Cards
4 Skip Cards
5 See The Future Cards
20 Cat Cards (4 of each)
How to play?:
1) To start, remove all the Exploding Kittens (4) from the deck and set them aside.
2) Remove all of the Defuse Cards (6) from the deck and deal 1 to each player.
3) Insert the extra Defuse Cards back in the deck.
4) Shuffle the remaining deck and deal 7 cards face down to each player.
Note: If your paper instructions tell you to deal out 4 cards instead of 7, don’t believe them. Paper instructions are dirty liars.
5) Insert enough Exploding Kittens back into the deck so that there is 1 fewer than the number of people playing.
Remove any extra Exploding Kittens from the game.
6) Shuffle the deck, and put it face down in the middle of the table
7) Pick a player to go first. (Some sample criteria: most impressive beard, most intimidating odor, shortest spleen, etc.)
8) Play no cards. / Play a card by placing it FACE UP on top of the Discard Pile and following the instructions on the card. After you follow the instructions on the card, you can play more cards. You can play as many cards as you’d like.
9) End your turn by drawing a card from the top of the Draw Pile into your hand and hoping it’s not an Exploding Kitten.
(This is different from most games in that you END YOUR TURN by drawing a card.)
Card Sleeves needed for cards: Onyx 63.5x88mm
No, of packets of Card Sleeves needed: 2 packets of Onyx