Shadows Over Camelot
Shadows over Camelot is a cooperative/semi-cooperative hand-management and deduction-based board game for 3–7 players.
Each player represents a knight of the Round Table and they must collaborate to overcome a number of quests, ranging from defeating the Black Knight to the search for the Holy Grail. Completed quests place white swords on the Round Table; failed quests add black swords and/or siege engines around Camelot. The knights are trying to build a majority of white swords on the Table before Camelot falls.
On each knight’s turn, the knight takes a “heroic action”, such as moving to a new quest, building his hand, or playing cards to advance the forces of good. However, he must also choose one of three evil actions, each of which will bring Camelot closer to defeat.
Moreover, one of the knights may be a traitor, pretending to be a loyal member of the party but secretly hindering his fellow knights in subtle ways, biding his time, waiting to strike at the worst possible moment…
But enough words… don your cloak, climb astride your warhorse, and gallop into the Shadows to join us in Camelot!
- 2008 JoTa Best Cooperative Board Game Nominee
- 2006 Spiel des Jahres “Fantasy Game” Winner
- 2006 Golden Geek Best Light / Party Game Nominee
- 2006 Golden Geek Best Gamer’s Board Game Nominee
- 2006 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Nominee
- 2006 As d’Or – Jeu de l’Année Nominee
- 2005 Tric Trac Nominee
- 2005 Tric Trac de Bronze
- 2005 Spiel der Spiele Hit für Experten Recommended
- 2005 Origins Awards Gamer’s Choice Best Board Game of the Year Winner
- 2005 Meeples’ Choice Award
- 2005 Japan Boardgame Prize Best Advanced Game Winner
- 2005 Japan Boardgame Prize Best Advanced Game Nominee
- 2005 International Gamers Awards – General Strategy; Multi-player Nominee